Flow Therapy is advancing the EECP patient experience by pairing treatments with comprehensive education for chronic conditions including medication reconciliation.
The Evidence Backing Your Recommendation
What Is Flow Therapy?
In the span of 35 hour-long EECP treatments delivered over 7 weeks, Flow Therapy makes a lasting difference in patients facing limitations associated with heart disease. Patients lie on a treatment table where compressive cuffs (similar to large blood pressure cuffs) are securely wrapped around their calves, thighs, and buttocks.
These cuffs inflate in a distal to proximal sequence during diastole, and deflate simultaneously just prior to the onset of systole. Inflation and deflation are specifically timed to the patient’s ECG to optimize therapeutic benefit.
The sequential cuff inflation creates a retrograde pressure wave that augments diastolic pressure, increasing coronary perfusion pressure and venous return to the right heart (increasing preload and cardiac output). Rapid and simultaneous cuff deflation decreases systemic vascular resistance, afterload, and cardiac workload.
Flow Therapy Facts & OutcomesExamine Clinical Outcomes
- Every year, we perform more than 40,000 EECP treatments.
- 88% of patients see significant improvements using validated markers.
- 1,000+ referring providers trust Flow Therapy centers to improve their patients.
- We’ve earned a 91 Net Promoter Score (customer satisfaction).
- There are 400+ clinical studies proving the efficacy and safety of EECP.
- Practiced by cardiovascular leaders like Cleveland Clinic and Mayo Clinic.
We Make Patient Referrals Easy
Download the Flow Therapy App to refer patients in your area.
EECP Research & Resources for Providers
Over the past decade, the frequency of EECP therapy has increased in patients with angina.Read More
EECP is shown to reduce angina and improve myocardial ischemia.Read More
Learn about balloon counterpulsation as a therapy for cardiogenic shock.Read More